Purasolve Weapons Cleaning Provides Untold Benefits to Two Military Bases
Two military bases replaced traditional weapons cleaning chemicals with Purasolve Weapons Cleaner and reaped untold benefits that include elimination of health and safety issues and significantly reduced expenses for solvents.
In military base #1, personnel previously conducted weapons cleaning at a variety of places, including outdoor parking lots. They used an unathorised cleaning product and water, which resulted in approximately 1.5 to 2 hours of labour to clean the weapons. Additionally, the product used was ineffective at weapons cleaning so personnel went through volumes of product which led to high costs.
In military base #2, personnel were using chemicals containing hazardous and toxic substances that exposed them to health and safety issues. Usage of the said products also led to considerable hazardous waste generation, resulting in costly waste disposal.
The challenge for both military bases was finding a weapons cleaning product that would address the following:
- Highly effective at cleaning weapons
- Safer for workers
- Safer for the environment
Purasolve Weapons Cleaner was supplied to both military bases which they tested. Purasolve Weapons Cleaner is a powerful, fully-recyclable weapon and gun cleaning solution. It is a low vapour, benzene-free, high purity hydrocarbon degreasing solvent developed to replace dangerous solvents for weapons cleaning. It is non-flammable, non-explosive, and contains no bacteria or enzymes. When used in conjunction with the Purasolve Parts Washer and Filter Kit, the life of Purasolve Weapons Cleaner can be extended for several years, reducing generated waste.
After the one-year trial for Purasolve Weapons Cleaner, military base #1 reported:
- The implementation of a standardised cleaning process which eliminated the use of unauthorised cleaning materials and allows for the centralised collection and management of all regulated wastes.
- More effective weapons cleaning was achieved–3-4 weapons can now be cleaned in the same time it took to clean 1 weapon previously.
- One year after using Purasolve Weapons Cleaner, they have only had to change the solvent once, and have not disposed of any solvent, repleneshing it as needed.
- Approximately 18,000 weapons were cleaned within the trial year; assuming that 1 hour of time is saved with the Purasolve Weapons Cleaner, labour savings is estimated to be at $540,000/year.
Military base #2 reported:
- Elimination of hazardous and toxic solvents which were either carcinogenic, had high volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions, or were ineffective in small arms cleaning.
- Solvent life extension where solvent life is projected to be 4 years.
- 30% in labour savings per cleaning station.
- Safe solvent which won’t attack the “bluing” or weapon component.
- Elimination/reduction of hazardous waste; an estimated minimum of 200 gallons per station per year.
- Reduction of hazardous material use; an estimated minimum of 200-400 gallons per station per year.
- Increased operations throughput via efficient weapons cleaning.